Twilight Re-Read- Discussion #5
Chapters 21-24 and Epilogue
21. Phone Call22. Hide-and-Seek23. The Angel24. An ImpasseEpilogue-An Occasion
Supplied by The Reading Housewives
1. In chapter 21 James calls Bella telling her he has her mother and the only way he won't kill her is if Bella comes alone. What would you do in that situation? Come alone or tell Alice and Jasper?
You know that always stumped me on how she got away from Alice…it made no sense that Bella could have gotten away so quick!!! Anyways... had it been me I would have told them and then made a plan avoiding the entire broken leg, broken head, bitten arm and freaking my boyfriend out to the point of him wanting to skip town…..
2. Was everyone else as shocked as I was when I first found out about the Alice/James situation? Do you think this adds to the story line or was it not needed? Why do you think they choose not to include these details in the movie?
I think it adds to the story line in the sense that it gives the Alice back-story, however why didn't Edward see that when he was in James head??? It would have made more sense for Edward to find out.
3. Edward had to do something extremely difficult in order to save Bella from becoming a vampire. Have you ever had a similar situation in your life where you had to push your will power to its limits?
I guess the only thing that has pushed me to the limits was giving birth to my second child, I was alone, my husband had just come down on orders from the Army and was in a different state getting our housing ready.
When I went into labor I had to get myself to the hospital and by the time I got there I seriously thought I was going to die, my labor was in full-swing and my baby was facing the wrong way creating intense back pain. It was happening so fast that the nurses said I couldn't get any pain meds. Because of the way the baby was facing they made me do all these crazy aerobic movements to get the baby in position, I was yelling at them and swearing like a sailor. Ive never experienced pain like that and at one point the Dr. told me if I didn't claim down and get the baby moved they would have to do an emergency C-section. That whole concept of them cutting me freaked me out and a mental clarity came over me to concentrate on getting that baby to flip over. I did and had her naturally....
4. Bella and Edward get into the "to change Bella or not to change Bella" argument in the hospital. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? Why or why not?
Yeah, I guess I would have…..It would be an inevitable outcome, either ditch the vamp-guy and move on to normal guy…aka…Mike or become a vampire to live eternally with Eddie, not a hard choice if I was Bella and seeing how never having to get sick, get cramps, get fat, get old, get zits, Um sign me up for Team Vampire please.
5. Twilight ends with everyone going to the prom. Did you go to your prom? Was your experience similar to Bella's? Feel free to include pictures!!
I went to my senior prom with my soon to be husband, I had a blast we did the whole before prom, after prom party and day after to Cedar Point prom thing with a group of friends…….LOL look at that picture...
EXTRA: So, it's over...Final thoughts?
Um yeah...what happened to Edwards hair???
Celeb/Twilight pics found at Weheartit.com-ComicCon