Twilight Chapters 1-5
1. First Sight
2. Open Book
5. Blood Type
1. Have you ever had to start over in a new place, like Bella did in Forks? This new place could be a school, job, or town... just something with a new setting. How easy or difficult was this for you?
2. Do you picture the actors from the movie as the characters in the book while you are reading?
3. What are your first thoughts on meeting Edward in Bella’s Biology class? At first he was annoyed by her presence, but then after a week away he returns & finds him self very interested in her. Do you think this helped or hindered the storyline?Re-reading this scene and answering a question about it is hard because I already know Edward.. but I remember originally thinking ok this is the vampire and he is trying not to kill Bella and out of this will be a torrid romance. I think having him struggle in the beginning helped the storyline, it gave the couple that doomed forbidden feel.
4. Out of the secondary characters Bella meets at school, who is your favorite and why? (I am referring to the humans, not the vampires in this question)
5. There is a lot of dialogue between Edward and Bella in these first few chapters that I feel played a major role in developing their relationship. What are some of your favorite quotes? or moments?
I loved their first initial conversation. I think that's why the movie scene ticked me off so much. I love the obvious tension they have going on and I think my favorite part of that whole "building-up" was the conversation they have in chapter 5, after he brings her home from school. I thought that part was pivotal in the relationship.......when he carried her to the office, yeah that was romantic.....
And he was. Interesting…and brilliant…and mysterious…and perfect…and beautiful… and possibly able to lift full size vans with one hand. (pg. 52)
If you want to join, get next weeks questions and read along find out all the info HERE!